Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'm 8 Months Old!

I turned 8 months old last Friday. Time really flies and I am now counting down to my 1st year celebration. Wonder what daddy and mummy are planning for me. At 8 months, i've more or less stabalized with my milk and solid intake. My usual feed of the day will be: Milk (180ml), Porridge, Milk (180ml), Porridge, Milk (180ml) & Milk (180ml). Sadly, i'm still unable to sleep through the night and the adults have more or less accepted the fate.

Oh ya, another good news to announce. I'm officially cleared for my heart murmur problem. In case i didn't mention in my blog before, i was hospitalised when i was about 2 weeks old. I was running high fever due to infection at my umbilical cord area. I stayed in KKH for 4 days 3 nights and was made to go through several tests. Coz mummy was tested Strep B positive during her pregnancy, doctors took extra care and ordered many tests on me. They even extracted some substance from my spinal cord for testing. She cried alot during my stay. That was the 1st time mummy felt so helpless. She was so full of guilt and her heart ached big time. It still sends shudders down my old folks spine thinking back of the entire ordeal i went through. I really went through a full package check up during the few days stay in KKH. They checked my lung, heart, liver, etc. And the doctor found heart murmur . The doctor said it's common among babies and that the problem will usually ceased at the age of 6 months. But since they found the murmuring, they've to continue montioring. So, that will mean more check up and follow-ups. My follow-up appointment last Friday, the exact day i turned 8 months marks an important and special chapter. I was checked and was officially discharged coz the murmur is gone. At least now daddy and mummy is certain and glad that i'm 100% well coz i got almost all my organs checked.

Parenthood is not something easy, it really takes time and effort. And daddy and mummy know they've lots to learn. They said it has been a really rewarding period till now to see me grow. And one thing for sure, mummy thinks i'm capable of doing being an 8 month old. I can make the adults go on all fours crawling around the house with me. Now mummy is complaining coz daddy didn't even kneel down to propose to her and now, daddy is crawling around everytime without me asking. That's the power. Geezz....

Picture taken last Friday when doctor checked me with the Echo machine. It is something very similar to the ultrasound machine that the Obstetrics used to check on mummy when she was pregnant. They put some gel on my chest and scan around it. I could see the graphical image of my heartbeat. "Pi pop, pi pop".

I was very well behaved throughout the session. I didn't move at all during the check up. For a moment, the doctor thought i was sleeping. He praised me for my well-behaviour at the end of the session.

My weight and height measurement:
Weight: 9.3kg
Length: 69.5cm

My 8 month old body.


These are what i've acheived for the past month, i'm now able to:
• Passes objects from hand to hand
• Pulls self to standing
• Stands while holding onto something
• Points at objects. Or rather, he tends to make the "uh uh" sound and raise his hand towards the object direction to signal us to look at something. e.g: Cats and dogs.
• Searches for hidden objects/person when we play hide and seek with him.
Crawls well
• Picks things up with thumb-finger pincer grasp
• Indicates wants with gestures

No comments: